On behalf of Tower Hamlets Together, the council commissioned Age UK East London to deliver an integrated information and advice service across health, social care and social welfare. The service went live on 19th July 2021.
The integrated service offer via Tower Hamlets Connect provides a seemless service for adult residents with or without healthcare needs (18+ yrs) in accessing various services in the community, including the front door into adult social care, helping them to make informed choices equipped with the right information and advice. Residents who require adult social care support will be triaged by the helpline team and referred onwards.
This service is a key driver in improving and supporting the health and wellbeing of Tower Hamlets residents; to remain independent and healthy for longer by providing early help, better coordination of service delivery, reducing duplication across services.
Residents will be able to contact Tower Hamlets Connect via:
- Telephone helpline - 0300 303 6070 (local call rates) Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours 0207 364 4079 (between 5pm-9am) these calls will be diverted to the Adult Social Care out of hours duty team.
- Outreach in the community and face to face will be available via drop-ins and appointments at various times in GP practices, health clinics as well as in the home. Schedule will be posted on Tower Hamlets Connect.
- Tower Hamlets Connect online Digital Portal includes a suite of information and advice pages, directory of services and events calendar.