Our Vision: To work together to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Tower Hamlets.
- Tower Hamlets residents, whatever their backgrounds and needs, are supported to thrive and achieve their health and life goals, reducing inequalities and isolation.
- Health and social care services in Tower Hamlets are high quality, good value and designed around people's needs, across physical and mental health and throughout primary, secondary and social care.
- Services users, carers and residents are active and equal partners in health and care, equipped to work collaboratively with THT partners to plan, deliver and strengthen local services.
Transform people's health and lives in Tower Hamlets, reducing inequalities and reorganising services to match people's needs.
- We are compassionate
- We collaborate
- We are inclusive
- We are accountable
- Transform health and tackle inequalities
Achieve better health and wellbeing outcomes for all Tower Hamlets residents, as set out in the THT Outcomes Framework, shaped by local people.
- Improve quality of care
Continue to strengthen service quality in line with national standards, local operational priorities and residents views and needs.
- Commission and deliver high value services
Commission resiliant and sustainable services, tackling variation and waste, and ensure the Tower Hamlets pound is spent wisely.
Our Aims and Principles
- Empower people to meet their own needs
- Enable people to meet there own aspirations
- Improve health, wellbeing and quality of life
- Co-produce services and care with people who use them
- Simplify the system, make it easier to to understand and accesss
- Ensure the right support, in the right place, at the right time - as close to home as possible
- Be flexible and responsive to meet personal needs, wishes and outcomes
- Deliver value for money, making best use of resources across the system.
- Develop selfsupporting, thriving communities
- All money is public money and that all staff work for the benefit of Tower Hamlets residents
- Every penny counts, and there is no duplication of services between different agencies
- Services meet the identified needs of Tower Hamlets residents
- THT will review and reorganise services and budgets where necessary to ensure that it achieves the maximum health and care improvements from its collective resources
- Assume there is no new investment due to national policies - and budgets will reduce
- Partnership working through THT is 'how we do business' in Tower Hamlets
Our Vanguard Journey: Tower Hamlets Together
The Tower Hamlets population has a much lower healthy life expectancy than the national average and many health challenges. This video shows how the Tower Hamlets Together Vanguard helped to transform the way we deliver care to benefit patients through working together across health and social care.