The Tower Hamlets Together (THT) People and Organisational (OD) Committee is a multi-agency enabler workstream bringing together the THT system partners: NEL CCG, GP Care Group, Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Service and (THCVS), East London Foundation Trust (ELFT), London Borough of Tower Hamlets (LBTH) and Barts Health. The THT People and OD Committee oversee the design and delivery of its strategy to develop the borough's workforce so that staff operate effectively across different organisational structures in a system-wide integrated way to provide seamless care to service users.
The People and OD Committee aims to:
- Work together across organisations to develop a shared culture of integrated practice, which delivers better outcomes for the people of Tower Hamlets.
- Support the realisation of the Health and Social Care Workforce Strategy into practice through 5 sub-groups - Recruitment and Retention, Education and Training, Equality Diversity & Inclusion, Looking After Our People (wellbeing), Leadership and OD. These sub-groups are responsible for delivering against specific key drivers informed by the strategy.
The aims of the People and OD Committee will be achieved through some of the following objectives:
- Ensuring that the development, delivery and understanding of a new health and social care model makes a positive difference for the workforce.
- Investigate and promote health and workforce inequalities.
- Progress training and workshops to support the health and wellbeing of staff working from home, shielding and in the office.
- Building awareness of the learning and development support available through having integrated provider services.
- Integrating virtual and group training where feasible to support staff to come together and learn.
- Continue to coordinate and oversee the quarterly staff engagement events and middle manager forums both virtually and face to face.
- A system-wide approach to organisational development to embed the right culture and behaviours (including THT Induction).
Key deliverables for the People and OD Committee include:
- Develop and implement an integrated workforce strategy for THT across health and social care. This should include collectively identifying new roles across the sysytem which can be joined up as well as identifying training needs of the existing workforce to deliver the new models of care.
- Progress the wellbeing and support offer for the workforce following the impact of the pandemic and lockdown.
- Explore health and workforce inequalities through race and privilege training, equality and diversity - to implement high level roles and responsibilities for senior management.
- Develop and implement opportunities for integrating all training including safeguarding across the borough.
- Map opportunities for bringing together other training areas to support the workforce to deliver services required in the current environment.
- Develop an induction model for THT which is mandatory for all partner staff as a common induction to the health and care integration work in the borough.
- Develop and introduce a training passport to enable staff to transfer across care settings.
- Targeted recruitment campaigns leveraging THT to promote Tower Hamlets as an exciting place to work.
- Provide staff with opportunity to progress through different career routes.
- A system-wide appoach to OD to embed the right culture and behaviours (including THT induction).