As with all three workstreams, BWGW, includes colleagues from all six partner organisations with Tower Hamlets Together, who together, will oversee the continued development of a joint local strategy that encompasses both the education and health care for children in Tower Hamlets, with a subsequent implementation plan for this cohort of the population.
This work will be heavily supported by the Children and Families Partnership Board, who will drive the business for this group past the transition period and build on the successful Vanguard transformational work, which has created a solid foundation for more effective integrated partnership working.
The Care Confident programme, the resource for parents and carers of under 5s around minor ailments, will be one of a number of Vanguard implemented programmes for under 5s. The workstream will be responsible for maintaining and expanding this resource across Tower Hamlets to ensure better use of primary and secondary child care services for under 5s, as well as support families in managing minor ailments better.
The workstream has four sub-groups that will deliver on the priorities for this group. These are currently in development:
- SEND - (Special Education Needs and Disability)
- Maternity & Early Years
- CAMHS (Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing)
- Complex Care (Name to be changed soon)
Current Priorities for Tower Hamlets Together:
- What’s happening now: Understand and oversee what is happening now, using the overarching systems outcomes as a lens.
- Cost Savings: Explore and develop transformational programmes to improve the value of what is offered to the people in Tower Hamlets.
- QI project opportunity: Identify one population to test out QI methodology, which will be learned from in future instances. (We have collectively decided to focus on Asthma for over 5s in Tower Hamlets as the target population cohort).